Save time with simultaneous HD video recording to internal and external media or network sharing. Compatible with a wide range of modalities and external command accessories.
From patient records to education, training and referral to other physicians, modern medical workflows benefit from the increased convenience and detail offered by HD video recording.
The HVO-550MD Medical Digital Network Recorder has been designed for use in a wide range of clinical environments, including hospital radiology and operating rooms, surgical centres and doctors’ offices.
Suitable for storing High Definition videos from ultrasound, digital X-ray, endoscopic, laparoscopic and other compatible diagnostic and surgical imaging systems, the recorder offers extensive connection options with a wide range of current and legacy devices.
The HVO-550MD stores HD or Standard Definition video on its high-capacity internal hard disk drive. Via simple menu selection, video can be recorded at the same time to an external USB drive or network server, or burned directly to the recorder’s internal DVD drive. This simultaneous recording capability saves time, eliminating the need to export or copy video files to another storage medium after recording. It also provides an extra safeguard against the risk of losing valuable data.
The recorder is the ideal replacement for the DVO-1000MD. Sharing the same command set for control via RS-232C or USB, it offers a smooth migration to a hard -disk-based HD workflow.
- Additional information
- PDF Documents
- High Definition video recording Recording crisply-detailed HD video at up to 720p, the HVO-550MD offers an improvement in image quality over Standard Definition recording devices such as the DVO-1000MD.
- Simultaneous recording on internal HDD and external media To minimise the risks of accidental data loss, video files can be recorded onto the internal hard disk drive simultaneously with a DVD, a connected USB drive or a network server. This also helps to shorten workflow, since videos do not need to be exported or copied onto another device after being recorded onto the internal HDD.
- Burn files to DVD Video files can be burned permanently onto the recorder’s internal optical disc drive (DVD-R) for convenient storage and longer-term archive.
- Compatible with DVO-1000MD commands The HVO-550MD shares the same command set as the Sony DVO-1000MD DVD recorder. This simplifies migration from the DVO-1000MD to benefit from HD recording as well as HDD-based workflows.
- Wide range of interfaces and network data transmission The HVO-550MD is compatible with a wide range of modalities, including current HD as well legacy SD devices. Interfaces are provided for HDMI, DVI, composite video, S-Video and audio, as well as networked data transmission through CIFS to a centralised server.
- Long recording time, even in HD at best image quality settings The recorder’s high-capacity disk drive allows long video recordings without interruption, even in High Definition. A choice of three Image Quality settings (Standard/High/Best) permits between 60 and 194 hours of HD video recording (or between 158 and 348 hours of SD video). Each individual recording can be up to 24 hours long. Videos can be exported as either high quality AVCHD or PC-friendly MP4 files.
- Compliance with Medical Safety Standards The recorder is compliant with and certified for IEC 60601-1 and product safety standards in the U.S.A., Canada and Europe. Registration status as a medical device may vary, depending on country. For more details, please contact your nearest Sony office or an authorised dealer.